The MB85R4002A is an FRAM (Ferroelectric Random Access Memory) chip consisting of 262,144 words × 16 bits of nonvolatile memory cells fabricated using ferroelectric process and silicon gate CMOS process technologies.
The MB85R4002A is able to retain data without using a back-up battery, as is needed for SRAM.
The memory cells used in the MB85R4002A can be used for 1E10 read/write operations, which is a significant improvement over the number of read and write operations supported by Flash memory and E2PROM.
The MB85R4002A uses a pseudo-SRAM interface.
- Bit configuration : 262,144 words × 16 bits
- LB and UB data byte control
- Read/write endurance : 1E10 times / byte
- Data retention : 10 years ( + 55 °C), 55 years ( + 35 °C)
- Operating power supply voltage : 3.0 V to 3.6 V
- Low power operation :
- Operating power supply current 15 mA (Typ)
- Standby current 50 μA (Typ)
- Operation ambient temperature range : − 40 °C to + 85 °C
- Package : 48-pin plastic TSOP (FPT-48P-M48)
- RoHS compliant