The MB85R256F is an FRAM (Ferroelectric Random Access Memory) chip in a configuration of 32,768 words × 8 bits, using the ferroelectric process and silicon gate CMOS process technologies for forming the nonvolatile memory cells.
The MB85R256F is able to retain data without using a back-up battery, as is needed for SRAM.
The memory cells used in the MB85R256F can be used for 1E12 read/write operations, which is a significant improvement over the number of read and write operations supported by Flash memory and E²PROM.
The MB85R256F uses a pseudo - SRAM interface.
- Bit configuration : 32,768 words × 8 bits
- Read/write endurance : 1E12 times / byte
- Data retention : 10 years ( + 85 °C), 95 years ( + 55 °C), over 200 years ( + 35 °C)
- Operating power supply voltage : 2.7 V to 3.6 V
- Low power consumption :
- Operating power supply current 5 mA (Typ)
- Standby current 5 ?A (Typ)
- Operation ambient temperature range: ? 40 °C to + 85 °C
- Packages :
- 28-pin plastic SOP (FPT-28P-M17)
- 28-pin plastic SOP (FPT-28P-M01)
- 28-pin plastic TSOP(1) (FPT-28P-M19)
- All are RoHS compliant