MB85RQ4ML is a FRAM (Ferroelectric Random Access Memory) chip in a configuration of 524,288
words × 8 bits, using the ferroelectric process and silicon gate CMOS process technologies for forming the
nonvolatile memory cells.
MB85RQ4ML adopts the Quad Serial Peripheral Interface (QSPI) which can realize a high bandwidth such
as Read and Write at 54 MB/s using four bi-directional pins (Quad I/O).
The MB85RQ4ML is able to retain data without using a back-up battery, as is needed for SRAM.
The memory cells used in the MB85RQ4ML can be used for 1013 read/write operations, which is a significant
improvement over the number of read and write operations supported by Flash memory and E2PROM.
MB85RQ4ML does not take long time to write data like Flash memories or E2PROM.
MB85RQ4ML is able to write data at a high bandwidth without any waiting time and fits perfectly into
Networking, Gaming, Industrial computing, Camera, RAID controllers, etc.
• Bit configuration : 524,288 words × 8 bits
• Serial Peripheral Interface : SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) / Quad SPI
Correspondent to SPI mode 0 (0, 0) and mode 3 (1, 1)
• Write supports : Single data input / Quad data input / Quad address and data input /
• Read supports : Single data output / Fast single data output / Fast quad data output /
Fast quad address input and data output / QPI mode / XIP mode
• Operating frequency : 108 MHz (Except normal READ command)
• High endurance : 1013 Read/Write per byte
• Data retention : 10 years (+85 °C), 95 years ( + 55 °C), over 200 years ( + 35 °C)
• Operating power supply voltage : 1.7 V to 1.95 V (Single power supply)
• Power consumption : Operating power supply current 20.0 mA (Typ@Quad I/O 108 MHz)
Standby current 70 μA (Typ), 400 μA (Max)
• Operation ambient temperature range : -40 °C to +85 °C
• Package : 16-pin plastic SOP (FPT-16P-M24)